Bugaboo Nuna Turtle Air Review

This car seat review was written by Antione, a 37-year-old currently living in Durham with his wife and baby. He is Dad to Tom, who is 11 months old. Their lifestyle involves a mix of work, playdates and family outings around Country Durham, often requiring them to travel by car.

Your Baby Club Score

Weight

Ease of Installation

Comfort

Durability

Features and Accessories

Design

Affordability

Pros & Cons

• Comfortable and spacious seat
  • 220-degree spin makes it easy to use
  • Exceptional safety features that are easy to use and seem very secure
  • The car seat has a very sleek design
  • Comes with a sun canopy that has UPF 50+
  • Comes with an adjustable headrest with seven positions
  • Works with all Bugaboo strollers
  • It's a tad on the heavier side which could potentially be an issue with smaller parents or larger children
  • The initial setup might require a bit of effort, and took a long time to get right
  • The price point is slightly steep, but the safety features somewhat justify it

Features

• Adjustable headrest with seven positions to grow with your child
  • Sun canopy comes with UPF 50+ sun protection with a peekaboo window
  • Three point safety harness
  • TUV-approved for use on aircraft to travel anywhere
  • Removable infant insert for a perfect fit from birth, also improves side impact protection
  • 220 degree swivel with the Bugaboo 360 ISOFIX base

Specifications, Weights & Dimensions

Child Age Suitability:

Newborn to 13kg(0 to around 15 months)

Category:

i-Size infant car seat

Car Seat Dimensions:

69 x 44 x 59.8 cm (Lx Wx H)

Car Seat Weight:

3kg

Facing position:

Rear facing

Installation Type:

ISOFIX

Get Yours Now

Bugaboo Turtle Air Car Seat: £209

Buy Now

What's in the box

• Car Seat
  • Sun Canopy Hardware
  • Seat Fabric
  • Sun Canopy Fabric
  • Baby Inlay

Colour Options

• Black

The Parent Test

First Impressions

In the box, you get the car seat, base, adapters, and an instruction manual. Installing the seat took a bit of time and it took a couple of attempts to get it securely in place, which was more faff than I expected. Once fitted, the seat felt pretty sturdy, and Tom had plenty of room to sit comfortably. I really liked the colourway, and it matched my car perfectly.         

Comfort & Ease of Use

Tom is quite a fussy baby, who fidgets a lot and certainly lets us know when he isn't comfy. But, Tom seemed quite content in the car seat, which was a big relief. The seat's fabric is easy to clean, which is something I'm sure every parent needs, and I thought the detachable headrest and harness covers were a nice touch.

Getting Tom in and out of the seat is mainly hassle-free, even when he's feeling a bit fidgety. It's quite bulky so it can be a bit tricky to carry around, but it's very lightweight, so that balances out for me. I had no problem fitting it in my small Volkswagen UP.

Safety Features

The seat feels robust and well-built, which is a bonus of having a slightly more bulky car seat. The harness and straps keep Tom securely in place without causing any discomfort. The harness is a no-thread five-point harness and comes with a true lock base with triple installation confirmation.

I particularly liked the side-impact protection of the car seat, which also makes the car seat super snug and supportive for sleeping. On top of this, I loved UPF 50+ canopy, which shields Tom from the sun's rays (while County Durham isn't exactly known for being Ibiza, this was important for me nonetheless).

Value for Money

The car seat can fit on most Bugaboo prams to form a travel system, which is a huge bonus! Although, I don't think it fits every pram, so it's best to check for your specific pram before buying the car seat if that's something you were hoping for.

I would absolutely recommend this car seat for people with any sized car. It's solidly built and is extremely comfortable - plus features like the extendable canopy and magnetic attachments mean it's worth it in my eyes.

Final Thoughts

This car seat is easy to use and lightweight, while being robust and secure, which make it a practical choice for busy families on the go. While it may not be the most budget-friendly option, the quality of the car seat is worth it.         

Get Yours Now

Bugaboo Turtle Air Car Seat: £209

Buy Now