Cybex Gazelle Review

This pram was reviewed by Robyn, a mum in her 20s living in Oxford. Her baby, James, is three months old. Robyn has a part-time job in marketing, so her days can be quite hectic with a new baby. Having a reliable pram is essential for them as they often take long walks in the park on her lunch breaks, so they need a pram that is hassle-free but sturdy.

Your Baby Club Score

Weight

Ease of Use

Comfort

Durability

Design

Safety Features

Value for Money

Pros & Cons

• The pram's ability to adapt to your specific needs with an extra seat, carrycot, and kid board is fantastic for growing families
  • Both the carrycot and seat unit appear incredibly comfortable
  • The pram is sturdy and high-quality
  • While not overly heavy, it can be a bit challenging to lift into the car at times
  • It's relatively straightforward to fold, but it could be more user-friendly as it takes a while to get used to

Features

• Ergonomic lie-flat position
  • XXL UPF50+ sun canopy
  • Carry up to 13kg in the basket
  • Adjustable handlebar
  • Advanced suspension

Specifications, Weights & Dimensions

Child Age Suitability:

Newborn to four years (Max. 22kg)

Pushchair weight:

12.9kg

Dimensions:

In use: 93 x 65 x 100 cm (lowest handlebar position) / 106 x 65 x 110 cm (highest handlebar position) | Folded: 32 x 56 x 74.5 cm (L x W x H)

Get Yours Now

Cybex Gazelle: £719.95

Buy Now

What's in the box

• Gazelle S Frame - including wheels
  • Seat unit
  • Shopping basket
  • Shopper
  • Bumper bar
  • Sun canopy
  • Rain cover
  • Manual

Colour Options

• Moon Black
  • Lava Grey
  • Ocean Blue
  • Sky Blue
  • Seashell Beige

Parent Test

First Impressions

The Cybex Gazelle pram came with everything we needed - the main seat, an extra seat for future use, a carrycot for James, and a kid board for older siblings if I ever decide to have more children. The seat is incredibly spacious, so James has room to grow and move comfortably.

Assembling the pram was straightforward, and it (luckily) came with clear instructions. I was quite anxious about setting up the pram as this is my first child, and I've never set up a pram before, but it was way easier than I thought it would be.

Comfort & Ease of Use

The seat unit is plush and well-padded, keeping him comfortable during our long walks. Pushing and steering the pram is effortless, even with one hand. The fabrics are easy to clean, which is a real lifesaver for busy mums like me.

Oxford has quite a lot of cobbled streets in the city centre, and this pram is great for ensuring a smooth ride, keeping James asleep when he’s napping mid-walk. It’s also great for going over grass, even in muddy areas.

Travel and Portability

The pram folds relatively easily, though it does require a bit of practice to get it right, which can be quite frustrating but once you've got the hang of it, it's simple.

The basket underneath is generously sized, but not as big as other prams I have seen on the market.

Safety Features

The chassis feels robust and sturdy, giving me peace of mind while navigating Oxford's uneven pathways. The city centre has a lot of cobbled streets, but the pram manages this very well and doesn’t feel too bumpy; James seems calm even over the bumpiest of streets. The brakes are easy to engage, so the pram stays put when needed which is great if I need to stop somewhere that isn’t flat ground.

Value for Money

While it's not the cheapest pram on the market, it is a worthwhile investment for growing families - especially with the big seat and kid board. It's designed to adapt and last, and I can definitely vouch for that.

You can choose from 20 possible ways to set up your pram if you get all of the accessories - and you can mix and match the parts to find the perfect fit for you and your family.

Final Thoughts

This pram is perfect for our daily routine, making walks with James enjoyable and hassle-free. Despite a few minor quirks, and being more expensive than other prams I've tried, I believe it's worth every penny due to the mix-and-match feature, which will allow us to use the pram even as our family expands.

Get Yours Now

Cybex Gazelle: £719.95

Buy Now